Read through the chapter and then go over it again and write out what you notice in your notebook. The first challenge is experimenting with bible journaling. You can use the following to guide you if you wish. If you don’t like drawing, then just write out the words in appropriate sizes or shapes.
- Draw the Egyptian, Joseph’s new master. Label him as Potiphar.
- Write out what happened when Potiphar put Joseph in charge of his house in verse 5.
- Draw the stickwoman, Potiphar’s wife and what she says to Joseph.
- Draw stickman Joseph and how he replies to her.
Note that this repeats day after day.
- Draw the stickwoman holding on to Joseph’s coat as he runs away.
- Draw Potiphar’s angry face.
- Draw a prison window and Joseph looking out.
- Write out what happened when the prison guard let Joseph help out in the prison.
Challenge #1: Genesis 39 PDF