Read through the chapter and then go over it again and write out what you notice in your notebook. You can use the following to guide you if you wish. If you don’t like drawing, then just write out the words in appropriate sizes or shapes.
- The grain sacks are empty once again. Write out what Jacob tells his sons to do.
- Summarize what Judah offers to do.
- Draw the present Jacob sends with them to hopefully obtain mercy for them from the Egyptian.
- The men are brought into Joseph’s house and are afraid they are being singled out for punishment. Write out what the steward tells them.
- Draw the men around a table in order of age with Benjamin’s plate piled five times higher than his brothers. Perhaps Joseph was seeing how much envy they still had in them.
- Write out what verse 34 tells us about the brothers are feeling.
Challenge #1: Genesis 43 PDF