Read through the chapter and then go over it again and write out what you notice in your notebook. The first challenge is experimenting with bible journaling. You can use the following to guide you if you wish. If you don’t like drawing, then just write out the words in appropriate sizes or shapes.
- Draw Esau’s quiver and bow. Write out what Isaac asked him to do.
- Isaac was preparing to give his favourite son the inheritance of the firstborn. Unfortunately, Esau had carelessly sold his right as the firstborn when he was hungry one day. You may want to read Genesis 25:21-32 and draw Esau and Jacob and give a bit of a description of their very different characters.
- Rebekah attempts to take things into her own hands. Draw a stick figure Rebekah and the instructions she gives to Jacob.
- Write out the lies Jacob told.
- Write out the blessing Isaac gives to Jacob and put a frame around it.
- Draw the angry face of Esau when he finds out Jacob has taken his blessing.
- Write out the blessing given to Esau.
- Write out in large letters Esau’s feelings about Jacob.
- Write out Rebekah’s instructions to Jacob now. Little did she know, she would never see him again.
Challenge #1: Genesis 27 PDF